It’s spring, and once again the Rough Writers, Southwestern’s Creative Writing Club for students is hosting its annual Creative Writing Contest. The contest is open only to SWAU students. Categories are Short Stories and Poetry, and each category offers a $100 cash prize for first place, and a $50 cash prize for second place.
- You must be a student at Southwestern Adventist University to enter.
- Your entry must be a true, unpublished work by you. It should be consistent with the values and ideals of Southwestern.
- Please include the title of your piece on both the first page of the manuscript and on the cover sheet. Do not include your name on the manuscript.
- Two entries per category maximum per student.
- Include a cover sheet. It should list:
- Entry category
- Title of the entry
- Name, year and major
- Telephone number
- DEADLINE: Turn in to email@example.com by Tuesday, April 1 at 5 p.m. Winners will be announced at SWAU honors assembly, April 17.
(1) Short Stories: 10 pages or less, double spaced.
(2) Poetry: 30 lines or less.
PRIZES: First Place Winner of each category: $100 cash; Second place winner of each category: $50 cash.
JUDGES: Renard Doneskey, PhD, short stories; Karl Wilcox, PhD, poetry.